Monday, November 5, 2007

The Fat Kid in Dodgeball

I'm beginning to feel like the fat kid in dodge ball... We haven't even been in the game that long and we've already been tagged three times... so we've changed the rules a little bit! The first tag asked for 7 facts about myself, some random, some weird... the second one asked for 8 answers to certain questions, and the third asked for 6 facts or habits... I just jumbled them altogether, and had Peach answer half... without looking at my answers... and so here goes...
(DISCLAIMER - this is a REALLY LONG post... so if you don't want to read it all... we're ok with that)


4 Things I am passionate about

(Lynsey)
1. Family (Peach & Caden are at the top of that list)
2. The Gospel
3. Making choices that will make good memories
4. Sports

4 Things I (Peach) am passionate about
1. Family
2. Gospel
3. Sports
4. Food (not quality, but quantity)

4 Things I want to do before I die

(
Lyns)
1. Be a Grandma
2. Own a home
3. Return to Bolivia or serve another mission
4. Skydive

(Peach)
1. Be quickened in the twinkling of an eye
2. Serve another mission or more
3. Be a Grandpa
4. See the four corners of the earth

4 Books I have read recently

(Lyns)
1. Book of Mormon Stories in Spanish (Caden and I read it together)
2.Harry Potter 1 & half of Harry Potter 2
3. The “Charly” trilogy (Charly, Sam, and Adam)
4.Bridge to Tarabithia

(Peach)
1. Doctrine and covenants
2. Introduction to Botany
3. Patterns of Spanish
4. Some anthropology book??
(I’m not a big outside of classroom reader)

4 Things I often say

(Lyns)
1. “What?”
2. “Who is the cutest boy ever … Caden is”
3. “Babe – can you do me a favor”
4. “Love You”

(Peach)
1. Hey babe?!?!
2. What a big boy! (to Caden)
3. Homework!- (as an answer to any question regarding what I am occupying my time with.)
4. What’s for dinner??

4 Things that attract me to friends

(Lyns)
1. They find me “approachable” (I’m intimidated by most people…I’m usually not the one to initiate a conversation.)
2. Can make me laugh (and vise versa)
3. I’m comfortable talking to them (if I’m uncomfortable I get flustered and nothing I say seems to come out right)
4. When even after a long span of time you can pick up where you left off.

(Peach)
1. Laughter
2. Sports
3. Survival skills
4. Fun

4 Songs and Albums I could listen to over and over again

(Lyns)
1. “Come Thou Fount”
2. A Walk to Remember Soundtrack
3. Nine Days
4. Rascal Flats, Tim McGraw, most country…)

(Peach)
1. She thinks my tractors sexy!!!- Kenny Chesney
2. Come Thou Fount (old church hymn)
3. Sin Bandera (Latin music)
4. Most other country and Latin music

4 Things I learned this year

(Lyns)
1. I love being a mom... even if I don't sleep a full night.
2. The Lord helps me through tough times by sending others to help.
3. I LOVE not having homework... but it's fun to help Peach do his sometimes.
4. I love to garden. (even if its only in pots behind our apartment)

(Peach)
1. You can stay awake for days on end as long as you have food in your mouth and/or you are on your feet.
2. Whatever Lynsey says is always right.
3. Don’t doubt that Lynsey is always right.
4. I can sleep through almost anything- including Caden crying—sorry babe, I don’t do it on purpose!

4 Things I was doing 10 years ago

(Lyns)
1. I was almost 15!
2. I was a sophomore in high school
3. I was playing on the J.V. Basketball team
4. I had three nieces and one nephew

(Peach)
1. I was a freshman in high school
2. I just finished playing on the Freshman football team
3. I started my first year of wrestling weighing in at 98 lbs.
4. I was a deacon

4 Random things about me

(Lyns)
1. I graduated in August 2006 (with one of the most useless degrees offered at BYU -Elementary Education with a non-teaching emphasis)
2. If I could pick any sport to go pro in... it would be bowling!


3. I want to work with my hands... be a mechanic, a repairman, a landscaper, or an IKEA furniture "put-er together-er"...
4. I hate snow and cold winters! I thought it was fun when I first moved here, but now I can’t stand it!!)

(Peach)
1. I was in band, orchestra, football, wrestling, yearbook editor, voted "most huggable" and worked part time my senior year of high school


2. I was a volunteer Fire Fighter/ EMT before serving a mission


3. I’m only a sophomore in college… still

(This is how Peach studies, with cookies and milk close at hand... wow that's a messy couch!)
4. I like food. (I usually order 4-6 of the 1 dollar burgers from any given fast-food place and eat them all.. Mmm)

We were supposed to tag other people, but the truth is... nearly everyone I know has already been tagged... If you want to be tagged, you're just going to have to tag yourself.
To see the rules of creating a tag you can visit Tatum's site, The Gibson's site, or The McCune's site...

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

Hey!!

I swear in the last month I have found every person that went to Cactus High School or was in the Glendale North Stake on Blogspot. so funny, but glad to get in touch with you again. My parents said that they saw you at Disneyland. Looks like you had a fun time! I'll have to add you to my list of blogs to stalk.

-Liz Beeson

Anonymous said...

How are you doing? It has been awhile! Your son is so cute...and what a great costume!!! We love that movie in our house. So your living in Provo? I am up north in Logan. I don't blame you for hating the winters in Utah. I totally agree with you. I have been here about 7 years and still can not get used to them. I'm glad I can check up on your family. Don't you love blogging!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.