So, for a class that Peach is in, we went snowshoeing to the largest White Fir tree in Utah... I was a little nervous because we were told it would be about a 4 hour outing and to be honest, I'm not in as good of shape as I'd like to be. But Peach and I haven't been on many dates lately, so we thought it would be fun!
We made it to Salem at 5, and got started hiking by about 6. We made it to the tree by 8:20... and then hiked down at about 9 or so... and made it to the car by 9:45.
Some of the trails were pretty steep... and we had some big trees to climb over.
All to see this tree! It really was HUGE! It took 4 guys to get around it... they figured it's probably over 1000 years old.
The trip down was a little more fun - we could slide down most of the steep hills.
It was a lot of fun! And today, I'm feeling just how much fun we had!...boy am I getting old!






No comments:
Post a Comment