Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving & More

I cooked my first turkey this year for Thanksgiving! My brother and his family were here from California helping with Mom, so we all enjoyed a "traditional" Thanksgiving feast.

It's funny, because we kept saying we would keep it simple, but then kept thinking of dishes we HAD to have... This is what it looked like.... ( we skipped the presentation, as you can tell... but it all tasted great!)

We had turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy from the drippings, stuffing, baked beans, green beans, shrimp dip, a little relish tray, and lots of home-made rolls - and orange rolls! Then we cheated and bought a pumpkin pie... which we never ate!


The kids all couldn't wait to eat... and then didn't want to eat what they got.... We all ate their share!

We had a great time with Joe, Shannon, Mason, Logan and Andrew. It was nice to have someone with Mom while she was in the hospital, and it was really nice for Caden to have cousins to play with and someone home to watch him while I went to work.... We sure do miss having them around.
MOM...
is back home! She is having a "textbook" recovery... and we couldn't be happier. We've all been very blessed. The chemo really kicked in the third week in November... and she now dons a Disneyland knitted hat to keep her head warm... We took her a full Thanksgiving feast which she enjoyed.... and we just keep up our prayers that everything stays great! With her home we have to be careful about germs and visitors and all that fun stuff... but we're just glad she's home and recovering!


The day after Thanksgiving, instead of going shopping, we set up shop at a boutique in Spanish Fork. Shannon and I got a bunch of things together and stayed for almost 10 hours...

I thought we had some pretty good stuff to sell, but unfortunately no one else did and we didn't do very well. Peach had to work on Saturday, and Shannon went to stay with Mom, so I opted not to go back for the next day.

So we have lots of Christmas stuff left for sale... If anyone is interested...

[Santa and reindeer board... Measures 31.5 X8 - $26.00 w/easel][Santa & reindeer etched bowl - $18.00]
[JOY wood block sign, ea. block measures 3.5x3.5 - $10.00][stocking hanger measures 24x12 - $22.00 w/easel]

If you see something you like ... Or if you want me to make something you don't see... just let me know. I'm trying to get more up on our website... makeityourowngifts.com.

(sorry for the poor photo quality... I don't know the best way to take pictures of things up close!


2 comments:

Janet and Nate said...

Way to go Lynsey on your first Turkey! It is always such an "experience" to cook your "first" turkey!

Thinking of you!! You all look so GOOD!

Send your Mom my LOVE!!!!

Love YA!

Brandon and Lacey said...

I think your display was beautiful and it looked like there was a lot of cute stuff. Hope you have better luck next time! :o)